I recently came across an article about Healthy Coconut Butter. I’d been curious about it since I went on my Home Made Nut Butters kick, but never tried it. This week, I had a bunch of Coconut Shreds leftover from making my delicious Caye Lime Butter Cream Candies, so I thought now is as good a time as any to try making Coconut Butter.
Here is what I learned. It is not hard, and although the basic premise is the same, it is a bit trickier than making peanut butter. Let’s get Cookin’ and Make Some Nuttah Buttah!
Home Made Coconut Butter
* You will need:
- Shredded or Flaked DRIED & UNSWEETENED Coconut
- A food Processor or Ninja type Blender, with a good, strong motor & blades.
- A rubber spatula
Place coconut in processor or blender. Process until the fine coconut sticks to the sides of container. Scrape down sides so the mix touches the blades, and process some more. It will keep sticking to the sides. Scrape down & mix again, over and over, repeating these steps until finally it becomes smooth. It will take a good 15 minutes of scraping & mixing, so don’t get frustrated or think you aren’t doing it right. Once it is a smooth, even consistency, you’re there.
Pour the butter into a clean jar or ceramic dish, and set aside, uncovered, to cool.
That’s it! Fresh, home made Coconut Butter. So… Now that we have it, what do we do with it?
Mark’s Daily Apple Says: ” Enjoy the flavor and health benefits of coconut butter a million different ways. Eat it with a spoon or blend it into coffee and smoothies. Add it to curries. Mash it into roasted vegetables. Spread onto pancakes. Dip dark chocolate into coconut butter for dessert. Combine it with almond butter. Flavor it with sea salt, cinnamon or vanilla.” ~ Sounds good!
Coconut Mama offers these 25 tempting recipes using Coconut Butter, including Coconut Blueberry Pudding, Gingerbread Fudge, Coconut Butter Cake, Coconut Cream Truffles, and even Strawberry Mousse! Click here for her Recipes: 25 Ways to Use Coconut Butter
So There you have it!
How to make Healthy, Natural, Versatile, Inexpensive
Home Made Coconut Butter
and 25 delicious ways to use it!
Cheers, and Happy Eating!
- Our Own Toasted Almond Butter Recipe here: Almond Butter Recipe
- Our Own Pecan Coconut Butter Recipe here: Pecan Butter Recipe
- Mark’s Daily Apple Coconut Butter Tips: 10 Tips for Coconut Butter
- Amazing Wonders of Coconut Butter
- Coconut Butter 101 – “I love this stuff!”
- Homemade Almond Butter: Salted Vanilla Cinnamon & Cacao Coconut (fitswisschick.com)
- Raw white christmas (theorangepantry.com)
- Homemade Coconut Butter (undergroundhealth.com)
- Homemade Coconut Butter Trio (intuitiveappetite.com)
- Luxurious whipped coconut oil body butter (marialivingandlearning.wordpress.com)