Today in the Mmmtastethis.com Test Kitchen, we are discussing our
Why? Good question! The answer is because, based on our total world wide views,
THE “Most Viewed Recipe” on our blog is… Sweet Red Rice Porridge.
Are you surprised? So are we! 🙂
Often times, our US friends (and our own kids!) scowl at the mere word “porridge”.
But sweet porridge is warm, comforting, and yummy in my tummy. Both of our porridge recipes get many views from around the world every week.
The two recipes are quite similar, to show that you can try any grain you like – such as steel cut oats, farro, wild rice, and so forth – using the same basic premise.
It also translates beautifully as a slow cooker recipe. Put your goodies in at bedtime, and have a cozy breakfast waiting for you in the morning! Try your own variations by stirring in toasted nuts, dried fruit, fresh berries, fruit preserves, chia or flax seeds, brown sugar, coconut nectar – the possibilities are endless!
To see our Original Tasty PORRIDGE Recipes,
CLICK HERE: Sweet Red Rice Porridge
And HERE: Toasted Coconut Quinoa Porridge
Cheers, and Happy Eating!
- Porridge (travelandfoodworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Porridge anyone? (goodstewardship4life.wordpress.com)
- Babao Porridge – food that enlightens (chinafoodingredients.wordpress.com)
- A $15 bowl of porridge? Oats go upscale (theglobeandmail.com)
- P O R R I D G E R U L E S: D a Y 1 (doradoes.net)
- Hot Quinoa Porridge on a Rainy Sunday in Spring (norulesnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Move over, Goldilocks (quickcuppatime.wordpress.com)